Would someone like to set up a cache on our new walkway plea

Having trouble with the gps.org.nz website or forums? Want to ask someone about the Society and what it is? Try asking here.

Would someone like to set up a cache on our new walkway plea

Postby Heatherfrugal » 28-07-2015 22:50

Dear members,
I am new and haven't tried get caching yet but had heard about it.
I coordinate a pest free & walkway project at Tanners Point on the Tauranga harbour, we are eliminating pest plants, animals etc and creating a Safe feeding and breeding ground for NZ land and shore birds..also reclaiming the public land for the public, & developing walkways as we improve the environment.
We are almost finished building another 44 metres of boardwalk and wonder if someone would like to establish a geo cache on the new area, to encourage people to come and enjoy our hard work...which is ongoing, but coming on well, last year we planted 900 plants this year will be a similar number..a very good effort as we are a very small community with mostly senior folks living here...with a few young families. A great environment for a weekend picnic, join the walkway from the end of Tanners Pt Rd or at Moana Drive.
Anyway I hope some of you will be keen enough to to come and check us out..
Heatherfrugal

Re: Would someone like to set up a cache on our new walkway

Postby TNXPro » 29-07-2015 23:49

Thanks for the invite and the information on your new walkway. It would only be a matter of time before someone found this area and placed one here , but now you have alerted us to the area, I'm sure someone will be willing to place something out there soon. There is a limitation to placing geocaches and they cant be closer than 161m from any other geocache placement. As there is already one at the point, we will have to be that distance away from that to start with, which means the end of Moana Drive is too close, but the end of Tanners point Road would be fine. The local BOP cachers have already been alerted to this and I'm sure someone will find a great spot. I look forward to coming out and seeing all your hard work and of course locating a geocache.
TNXPro

Postby Heatherfrugal » 30-07-2015 09:21

Dear Everyone,
Thanks for your prompt response....as I do not know where the other geo cache is at Tanners Pt, but suspect it may be near the very end of the point?
The new track, ends on the inland boundary of No 133 Tanners Pt Rd, and is a meandering track which should be just outside the 161m mark...I am trying to get a guy to come with a measuring wheel, to record how much walkway we have established, can repost after that.
Thank you...might meet up with some of you sometime.
Heatherfrugal

Postby willbuild » 30-07-2015 10:32

Hi. Yes i have a cache at the end of Tanner Point. I would be interested in hiding more in the area.
I have sent you a email with phone numbers if you would like to meet up and sort out about geocaching and hiding a cache.
I also have a cache that i am working on , on the north side near the beach which will come out soon.
willbuild

Postby willbuild » 31-07-2015 17:17

Old cache lost but a few new ones put in around the walkway and area.
willbuild

Return to Society Support Forum